The Oratory of Saint George at Padua was founded in 1377 as a mortuary chapel by Raimondino Lupi di Soragna, a brave commander of the Da Carrara army. The architecture and decoration of the chapel are very similar to those of the Scrovegni Chapel by Giotto. The frescoes were painted by Altichiero da Zevio and Jacopo Avanzi between 1379 and 1384 and represent scenes from the lives of St. Catherine, St. Lucy and St. George. The wall above the main entrance and that beyond the altar are decorated with episodes from the life of Jesus.
Piazza del Santo, Padova
Tel +39 049 8225652