Archaeological Site of Via degli Scavi at Montegrotto Terme: the ruins of a wide bath complex, built in the second half of the 1st century B.C. and afterwards enlarged and employed until the 3rd century A.D., are still visible in the state-owned area between viale Stazione and via degli Scavi. Some buildings are preserved: three big pools equipped with water adduction and draining system, a little theatre, a building with a central circular basin and side apses, and other complementary structures.
The estate was firstly subject of excavation between 1781 and 1788, when the owner, the Paduan aristocrat Giovanni Dondi dell’Orologio, decided to take action owing to the continuous emerging of remarkable ancient finds. The pools, still covered with splendid polychrome marbles, were discovered on that occasion, along with a certain number of items, among which a male statue.