Palazzo Orsato: the bond between the rich Orsati family from Casalserugo and the residence next to St. Marys Church in the same village dates back to the 14th century, when Giovanni, after improving his trading position in Padua, decided to buy a house in his hometown. With a contract dated 1343, the Orsati family acquired the so-called domus magna, perhaps previously altered to satisfy the new owners needs. It was a brick cube building, crowned by battlements and a boundary wall, and further down by a series of arches. It was not only used as a home, but for defence purposes, similar to the nearby Ser Ugo Castle (Villa Ferri). The arcade overlooking the courtyard was also built at this time, with the upper loggia. In the middle of the 15th century, the social position and wealth of the Orsati family brought about certain changes which changed the appearance of the villa for ever, using it as a summer and temporary residence. The main façade and the arcade were most changed: on the piano nobile a gothic style multiple lancet window was opened, with two single lancet windows at the sides surmounted by the family coat of arms, formed of a shield with a bear. In the arcade the rounded arches were reduced from four to three, to form a sort of Serlian window. The late 17th century changes were by the historian Sertorio Orsati to the internal layout, closing the T-shaped through hall on the ground floor and piano nobile. When a new summer home and garden was built at the beginning of the 18th century, the old palazzo was rented to the Priest of Casalserugo. After the recent restoration work, the building is in good condition, and the original brick structure can be seen, and inside and in the arcade traces of the 15th century frescoes are also sill visible.