The Saint Mary of the Carmine Basilica at Padua is referred to familiarly as “The Carmines” from the name of the monastic order that settled in Padua toward the end of the 13th century. It is a place of art and popular devotion, with its beautiful little Renaissance school entirely frescoed. The first church, the oldest one we know of, was built in 1212, with an adjacent convent of nuns.
Piazza Petrarca 1, Padova
Tel +39 049 8760422