Saint Daniel Monastery at Abano Terme. Built by the lords of Montagnone between 1076 and 1078 in honor of Saint Daniele, the monastery was entrusted to the Benedictines until 1461, wheh it became the home of the Regular Clergy of St. Salvatore of Venice, who performed extensive works of restructuring and decoration. In 1948 the community of Benedictine nuns from the Monastery of Saint Rocco in Rieka took it over, and still live there, following the Benedictine rule of ora et labora. The nuns, in addition to managing and maintaining the monastery complex, cultivate vegetables and vineyards, and make honey and bread.
Via San Daniele 50, Abano Terme (PD)
Tel +39 049 8669149
Fax +39 049 8639235