Giacomo’s death one month before the fall of the Republic (1797) marks the end of the collection, which was entirely dispersed and sold by his son Antonio in 1822. The collection was thus dispersed in Europe and in the United States. Pietro Businello, a friend of the family, bought the most sizeable part of it, consisting of about a hundred inscriptions and several statues, for his country house in Legnaro, Padua. In 1847, after his death, his heirs, the Pagani family, sold the collection in different consecutive times, further dispersing it. Most of the statues arrived to various museums in Saint Petersburg, Berlin, Budapest, Paris, Bologna, and Baltimore; a group of thirty-seven inscriptions, nine of which are in Greek and twenty-eight in Latin, was bought by the Camerini family and moved to their house in Piazzola, where they are still kept.
Via Luigi Camerini 1, Piazzola sul Brenta (PD)
Tel +39 049 8778272
Fax +39 049 8778275