Villa Egizia at Battaglia Terme
The Villa Egizia, built during the seventeenth Century, belonged during the centuries to various families of the Venetian aristocracy. Then it became until 1989 a cloister for nuns. The central part of the Villa is connected to a old pinnacle, destined to the carrier pigeon breeding, that probably goes back to the 1300. Two conservatories inside the complex are interesting. One is constituted by thirteen arcades with an overtop battlement which recalls some Venetian patterns like the “Fondaco dei Turchi” along the Canal Grande. The other one, located among the surrounding wall of the park, stands out for its overlapping loggias in two floors. The Villa gains the name Egizia at the end of the 1800, in honour of the wife of knight Giulio Bisi who made important restorations at the complex.