Orazio and Giulia Centanin Steam Machines Museum at Monselice
The Orazio and Giulia Centanin Steam Machines Museum at Monselice is housed in a refurbished 1950’s industrial style building. The museum collection contains mainly fixed or semi-fixed steam engines dated between the late 19th and the early 20th century. These engines were used for mechanized agriculture works and related works, such as drainage of marshy lands. The first items of the collection were portable steam-engines once used by Centanin family to farm and improve its lands in the Euganean Hills area. To this original collection, other machines of various provenance were later added to the present size. The collection includes portable steam-engines built by the main companies of the time (Ruston, Marshall, Breda), fixed steam engines with horizontal cylinders by Franco Tosi and Neville, fixed steam motor generators and other steam machines. The holdings of the museum include also diesel and piston engines machines. The two impressive diesel engines on display were used for water-scooping machines at Cà Bianca (Chioggia) and Acquanera (Pernumia) plants to drain water that gathered in depressed areas during heavy rains or floodings.
Via Francesco Petrarca 44, Monselice (PD)
Tel +39 049 8910189
Fax +39 049 8929777